Fresh Hope is a support group for those who suffer depression, bipolar, and other mental health and mood disorders. We are the only peer-to-peer support group in the Auburn, Sumner, and Puyallup area.
We meet on Tuesday evenings ~ 7pm at River Foursquare Church 325 E. Main Street Auburn, WA 98002
The Purpose of Fresh Hope...
To empower those with mental health challenges and their loved ones to live a full, rich, and faith-filled life in spite of having a mental health diagnosis.
Type of Support Group...
- Fresh Hope is a mutual-help, peer-to-peer support group in which members encourage one another as equals under the guidance of a facilitator. The meeting format includes both a large and small group experience, where members can share as little or as much of their "journey" as they desire.
- Fresh Hope is not intended to replace professional treatment such as therapy or prescribed medications when needed. Rather, Fresh Hope serves as a supplemental support and information system so that members and those who love them might develop tools to help them manage their illness on a daily basis in order to live with dignity and hope in Christ.
Proven Track Record...
Fresh Hope has a proven track record as an effective approach to mental health recovery from a true Christian perspective:
- 96% of the weekly participants attribute their participation as the reason they now feel more hopeful than prior to their participation in Fresh Hope.
- 92% of those who have attended other mental health support groups say that Fresh Hope has been more positive and helpful in their recovery than any previous groups. ¨
- 86% of those who were suicidal prior to coming to Fresh Hope report that they have not been suicidal since participating.
- 71% have had no hospital stays (outpatient or inpatient) since.